Driving Policy To Advance Minnesota
- Postsecondary Education Report: With funding from the Lumina Foundation, the Citizens League partnered with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education (MOHE), to convene a series of three postsecondary education workgroups in the fall of 2014. The goals of these workgroups were to discuss an expanded definition of affordability beyond tuition and to generate specific goals for improving retention, completion, attainment, and creating a culture of success in Minnesota.
- North Star Summit: On Monday December 8th, 2014, the Citizens League, Minnesota State Senator Terri Bonoff’s office and other partners convened higher education stakeholders to get Minnesota on the path of defining attainment goals for the state.
- Higher education reform: In partnership with the Bush Foundation, we are embarking on a multi-phase effort to develop and advance a set of recommendations to achieve the goals of higher education.
- Incubated the charter school movement as a tool for experimentation of new models of school governance.
- Establishment of Metropolitan State University to fill the gap of needs for underserved communities, including adult learners.
- Members helped turn the 2013 Minnesota Dream Act into law, making 750 immigrant students newly eligible for in-state tuition and financial aid to become members of the next generation of skilled workers in Minnesota and close the coming workforce gap – a goal established in 2009 by members who served on our immigrant students and higher education task force.
- All previous position statements and reports from the last 60+ years can be found in our policy report library.
Want to be a part of our current work or have an issue that you think Citizens League members and partners should take on? Send any questions and ideas to Pahoua Hoffman at [email protected]