On February 16, we convened our first cohort meeting of the year. After interning at their host sites for the past two weeks, students were excited to reconnect with their cohort members and share their experiences. Click here for bios on our 2018 cohort and a full list of our participating host organizations.
The cohort meeting focused on self-reflection and teambuilding work. Three Capitol Pathways alums— Adrian Benjamin (MN House of Representatives), Dralandra Larkins (Hennepin County) and Sean Mock (Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity)—were invited back to sit on a panel, meet the cohort and share their first-hand experiences with the program. They answered questions from the cohort and also gave advice on how to navigate the Capitol during the rush of session.
We were also joined by Senator Patricia Torres Ray (DFL, District 63) who shared some warm words of welcome with the cohort. We ended the day with a social and thank everyone who made the time to attend and meet our cohort! We cannot thank you enough for your ongoing enthusiasm and support:
- Eric Armacanqui: Minnesota Council of Latino Affairs, Host Supervisor
- Representative Raymond Dehn (DFL) District: 59B
- Annie Levenson-Falk: Citizens Utility Board, Capitol Pathways Program Founder
- Darrell Gerber: Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy, Host Supervisor
- Robert Harper: 2016 Capitol Pathways alum
- Chai Lee: Nexus Community Partners
- Representative Fue Lee (DFL) District: 59A
- Amy McDonough: Minnesota Private College Council, Host Supervisor
- Aaron Pearson: Weber Shandwick, Citizens League Board Member
- Matt Privratsky: Fresh Energy, Host Supervisor
SAVE THE DATE:
If you did not get the chance to join us for our social, there’s still time to meet to cohort! We will be hosting two more socials during session. Save the dates below:
- Friday, March 16, 4pm-5pm
- Friday, April 20, 4pm-5pm
Stay updated with our Capitol Pathways website and connected on our Facebook and Twitter for program news and updates!