Board and Volunteer Information
Thank you for your interest in Citizens League!
We are grateful for the dedication and leadership of our all-volunteer board of directors and committee members. Board members have an opportunity to connect and learn with others from a variety of personal and professional backgrounds, with perspectives across the political spectrum, and diverse in terms of age, race/ethnicity, and gender. The Citizens League staff works closely with our board members and we value their community insights, experiences, expertise, fundraising support, and strategic thinking. The Citizens League board is a great opportunity to support civic engagement, bridge differences, and engage in public policy in a multi-partisan setting.
Our board interest form is currently closed for board terms starting in 2024, but please let us know if you are interested in exploring other opportunities to get involved with the Citizens League. You can contact us at [email protected] for more information. A staff or board member will follow up with you to learn more about you and your interests.
Strategic Pillars 2022-2025
Create vital engagement of many different voices and perspectives
Activate deeper engagement of people in policy
Leverage our unique approach to make an impact on critical policy issues
Ensure organizational sustainability and strategic growth
Board Member Expectations and Responsibilities
Board member terms are three years, aligning with our fiscal year (beginning January 1). Board members are able to serve two consecutive three-year terms.
- Active participation at board meetings.
- Meetings held six times per year, typically 8:00 – 9:30 a.m., or 12:00 – 1:45 p.m.
- Active participation on one committee.
- Most meet six times per year (times vary)
- Committees include policy, audit & finance, development, and communications
- Annual financial commitment that reflects a level of “top three” importance for charitable giving within your own financial means.
- Willingness to involve friends and community contacts, and introduce them to the Citizens League and our mission.
- Encourage financial involvement of others, directly identify potential donors, and solicit financial contributions supporting our work when appropriate.
- Attending and helping to support events and gatherings, including our Annual Community Gathering (annual meeting) held in the fall; the annual Civic Celebration, held in March; and the Capitol Pathways End-of-Session Celebration, held in June. Support may involve attending, inviting others to attend, donating, or helping to secure sponsorships and partnerships.