We are currently searching for our next Office Operations and Donor Database Coordinator, who will be an integral part of our collaborative and supportive six-member team. Job applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applicant review will begin on July 24, 2023.
Please read on for the job description and how to apply.
Citizens League, Office Operations and Donor Database Coordinator
Status: Full Time, Salaried
Reports to: Executive Director; also takes work direction from Director of Development
Key relationships: This position works collaboratively as part of the Citizens League team; interacts frequently with contract accountant; serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors; maintains relationships with vendors and community partners; and serves as a first point of contact for donors and the general public.
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Salary: $50,000 – $65,000 annually + benefits
The Citizens League is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that empowers people to engage in civic life and public policy to make Minnesota a better place to live and work for everyone. Leading with a multi-partisan approach, we build awareness of issues, develop leaders in public policy, and create strong and innovative policy solutions.
For over 70 years, the League has been dedicated to finding innovative solutions across parties and ideologies to solve some of the biggest challenges facing Minnesota. We work largely in the Twin Cities metro area, with a multi-partisan approach, on issues that have statewide reach. Current and recent issue areas include aging and caregiving, education, governance, workforce, public safety, and civic leadership. Our strategy is rooted in the understanding that there is a historical context to all policies, systems, and structures; and that those affected by an issue must have a central role in defining the problem and generating solutions. Please read more about our approach and our core principles here.
Our organizational culture is inclusive, adaptable, and learning-oriented. We center values of diversity, inclusion, and equity in our work as a multi-partisan organization bringing together many different perspectives and ideologies; and we continually apply these insights to the work of public policymaking, as well as our own internal team practices.
Read more about our team, our work, and approach at http://www.citizensleague.org.
We are currently searching for our next Office Operations and Donor Database Coordinator, who will be an integral part of our collaborative and supportive six-member team.
This key support position has three key focus areas, all working closely with the Executive Director (ED), Director of Development, and other staff. Responsibilities are: 1) leading donor database management and development operations in support of the organization’s fundraising and development goals; 2) program and leadership support, including administrative and communications support of ED and board, and logistical support of both virtual and in-person events/programs; and 3) office management, including administrative and accounting tasks. The role assists and collaborates with others, but also has direct responsibilities. Job functions listed below are currently part of this role, but responsibilities may shift or change based on organizational needs over time.
Duties and Essential Job Functions
Database Management & Development Operations
- Acts as the lead in managing the donor database, Raiser’s Edge (RE).
- Records gift entry, donor data, event registration, and donor updates in the database.
- Handles confidential information and maintains donor data integrity.
- Pulls reports from RE for development and accounting.
- Supports Director of Development and Executive Director with administrative tasks related to cultivation and stewardship of donors (for example, through scheduling meetings, sending invoices, and email and phone communications).
- Generates and mails personalized donor acknowledgement letters.
- Trains staff on use of database, in coordination with Director of Development.
Program and Leadership Support
Executive Director / Board & Committee Support
- Provides support for board of directors and committees through coordinating meeting logistics, managing rosters and contact information, and drafting minutes.
- Supports Executive Director with scheduling, including reaching out to potential donors, program contacts, and others for ED meetings as requested.
Event and Project Support
- Works collaboratively with the Citizens League team on events and projects.
- Supports Citizens League event registration, planning and logistics.
- Adheres to standardized procedures to process all incoming contributions through multiple channels.
- Performs timely weekly reconciliation between Raiser’s Edge and bank, forwarding to contract accountant to reconcile to QuickBooks.
- Collaborates with the accounting team and Executive Director to maintain and improve accounting processes.
- Sends, receives, and sorts both incoming and outgoing physical mail and other deliveries.
- Maintains the League’s general email account.
- Communicates with external vendors to coordinate all printed pieces and mailings, and maintains office supply inventory.
- Supports employees with IT needs and troubleshoots issues; coordinates with contracted IT service.
- Handles administrative tasks related to onboarding of new employees, in coordination with contracted HR representative.
- Tracks employee PTO (Paid Time Off) working with contract accountant to ensure ADP payroll is accurate.
At Citizens League, we value many different types of experiences on our team. While these are the desired qualifications for the role, we know that candidates may have many, but not all of these qualifications. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t feel you meet 100% of the following criteria.
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- 2 or more years working in an office setting and/or operations and administrative role.
- Proficiency with a wide range of software CRM systems, such as Microsoft Office Enterprise, and Raiser’s Edge or NXT.
- Experience or familiarity with nonprofit donor and gift management.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and adhere to deadlines while working efficiently and independently with minimal supervision, while accepting and seeking out direction as appropriate.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including tenacity, patience, and the ability to creatively navigate complex situations.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in an ideologically diverse political environment and uphold Citizens League principles while confidently and comfortably interacting with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, ideologies, and sectors (business, government, nonprofit, and students).
- Commitment to values of diversity, inclusion, and equity in a multi-partisan environment; and commitment to continued personal growth in these areas.
- Familiarity with basic nonprofit accounting functions such as payables, receivables, and payroll.
- Familiarity with the Citizens League and/or with public policy or political issues.
- Experience in a lead operations and administrative role.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is $50,000 – $65,000 per year, paid electronically on the 15th of the month and the last day of the month.
Benefits include healthcare, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401k retirement plan, paid time off, major holidays, half-days on Fridays in the summer, cell phone stipend of $45/mo., and office parking reimbursement up to $60/mo.
Location and Logistics
We are based in the Twin Cities, with office space in downtown Saint Paul. All staff are currently living in or near Minneapolis and Saint Paul and nearby suburbs. We are currently working a hybrid model with a mix of in-person and virtual work. Currently, all staff are expected to be in-person in the office on Wednesdays. The individual in this position is also responsible for working in-person in the office at least twice a week to receive and process mail and conduct other in-office operations. For the remainder of the week, work may be done remotely. All employees must be able to work from a place with reliable cell phone access and high-speed internet. Citizens League provides a laptop computer. Generally, our workday occurs between 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., with some evening and weekend work due to our partnerships and community engagement efforts. There is quite a bit of flexibility in scheduling for many, though not all, meetings. We are understanding of parents, guardians, and caregivers on our team who may require flexibility for related commitments.
Please send a resume and one-page cover letter to [email protected]. Please put in the subject line: Office Operations and Donor Database Coordinator.
Job applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applicant review will begin on July 24, 2023.
Citizens League is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Veterans, women, persons of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities (seen or unseen), people of any age or family status are encouraged to apply.