The Citizens League manages five Operating Committees, which are guided by Citizens League staff, Board of Directors, and our members. Citizen League members sit on each committee and help the Citizen League do its work.
Interested in how we find common ground solutions for the common good in Minnesota? Join the League today!
The Communications Committee works to develop messages, platforms and information distribution channels so members and the broader community develops a greater understanding for the work of the League, and sees how their individual efforts can make a difference in policy including:
- Developing strategy around print materials, newsletters, commentary and social media outreach.
- Writing communications pieces for use in Citizens League outreach materials.
- Promoting events through digital communications.
- Helping develop relationships with organizations and professionals who can help spread Citizens League messages.
- Working with Citizens League members to determine new outreach methods.
The Development Committee will be responsible for oversight of all contributed income by:
- Assisting with outreach activities to introduce the Citizens League to new audiences with the goal of inviting support;
- Seeking financial commitments from individual donors, business memberships and sponsorships, and foundation grants;
- Strategizing around event planning and marketing activities to increase membership.
- Suggesting and approving long-range fund-raising goals and annual plans to meet these goals;
- Involving current and past members of the Board and other interested parties in fund-raising on behalf of the Citizens League;
- Assisting in the identification and cultivation of prospective and current donors to the Citizens League.
Finance and Audit Committee
The Finance and Audit Committee is charged with preparing and submitting for approval to the Board of Directors an annual budget for the Citizens League as well as examining monthly financial reports presented by the Executive Director. This includes:
- Recommending policy in regard to borrowing, leasing and other methods of financing;
- Developing capital and operating budgets;
- Outlining financial objectives for long-range financial planning and growth;
- Engaging auditors, review audit plans, and review financial statements, accounting policies and internal compliance programs, as well as tax, legal and regulatory matters.
The Policy Committee is charged with helping organize Citizens League members to advance policy solutions to govern for the common good. This includes:
- Identifying opportunities, partnerships, and provide feedback related to policy priorities set by Citizens League staff and board;
- Organizing members to advance the Citizens League’s policy priority areas;
- Supporting policy projects to achieve their particular goals; and
- Applying insights and the practice of the Citizens League approach across projects and activities.
Interested in learning more? Contact us!