Date(s) - 02/28/2020
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Working in partnership with the Minnesota State Demographic Center, the Citizens League will be working with community-based organizations to convene panel discussions for and answer questions from community members representing traditionally undercounted communities.
> Click here to read more about this initiative.
Those in the Latinx/Spanish-speaking communities are invited to join us on Friday, February 28, 2020, for a panel discussion in Spanish* to answer questions on the upcoming effort in Minnesota and the country to count all residents.
*While this is a Spanish-language event, live English interpretation will be provided via headsets.
Latinx Community Census 2020 Forum
Friday, February 28, 2020, 6pm-8pm
MIRA (Módulo de información recursos y apoyo) / Central Education Center
7145 Harriet Ave
Richfield, MN 55423 (map)
Free and open to the public!
Questions? Email us at email@example.com
Click here to download the printable flyer in both Spanish and English.
- Mónica Hurtado – Racial Justice and Health Equity Organizer, Voices for Racial Justice
- John Keller – Chief Deputy Attorney General, Minnesota Attorney General’s Office
- Emilia Gonzalez Avalos – Executive Director, NAVIGATE MN
- Lisa Beth Barajas – Community Development Director, Metropolitan Council
Additional Q&A from:
- Andrew Virden – Director of Census Operations and Engagement, Minnesota State Demographic Center
- Staff members from the U.S. Census Office
It is in the interest of every Minnesotan to help everyone living in Minnesota get counted. The best way to do this is to answer questions, alleviate concerns, and help our community feel welcome and compelled to be counted. Please join us!