Civics@Work - business and organizational memberships
The mission of the Citizens League is to build civic imagination and capacity in Minnesota. Support from businesses, public agencies, and other organizations help us to achieve this mission. Whether it's $500 or $20,000, this membership support, and the participation of your employees, helps the Citizens League to:
- Develop high-quality, non-partisan, and innovative policy recommendations on the issues that matter most to Minnesota's economic health and quality of life.
- Develop the civic leadership skills of employees within these organizations and connect them to other leaders in the community.
- Contribute to building and sustaining a strong civic culture in Minnesota.
Depending on the level of support, organizational membership can include:
- On-site policy programs: Workplace Policy Programs that educate/inform employees on the critical policy issues of the day and introduce them to Minnesota's leaders on these issues.
- Civic leadership development: The opportunity to participate in our unique civic leadership development program: Quantum Civics, a five-session program.
- Recognition at events, in our newsletter, on our website, and in other publications.
- Opportunities for individual involvement: On-site events and conversations are an opportunity to promote the benefits of individual memberships, which start at just $25 and provide additional opportunities for employees to learn about issues and contribute to our work.
- Sponsorship of broader Citizens League events: We reach current and emerging policy leaders with events that are informative, engaging, interactive - and fun. Events can be focused on a particular policy topic or opportunity, or open to a broader audience like our Annual Civic Celebration. Sponsors are featured on our website and in all event promotions.
The membership structure differentiates between large (100 or more employees locally), and small businesses, nonprofits, and government agencies. Basic membership starts at $250/year; the benefits listed are available to members contributing from $500/year for a small organization and $2,500/year for a large business.
Find out more about our organizational membership levels, benefits and see who our top 2012 corporate and organizational members were here (pdf).
Questions? Interested in Learning More? Contact Dani Fisher, Director of Advancement at 651-289-1077 or firstname.lastname@example.org.